It's that time! The 7th Annual Mayor’s River O’Green Fest, presented by Grow Financial, is on Saturday, March 17, 2018, beginning at 11:00am! In partnership with the City of Tampa, this signature event of the Tampa Downtown Partnership takes place in the beautiful Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park.
The Irish-themed party is centered around the Hillsborough River, which will be transformed into a bright shade of green for the occasion. The river provides a perfect backdrop to the celebration which includes live entertainment, games, kids activities, food trucks, and of course, beer!
Festivities will begin in the morning with the River O' Green Gallop, a fun run/walk along the Riverwalk and continue with a family scavenger hunt, a Leprechaun costume contest, as well as the Shamrock Scavenger Crawl for adults. The entire family is welcome, including four-legged members!
River O' Green Gallop
Saturday, March 17, 2018
2 Mile Fun Run/Walk – Along the Tampa Riverwalk, Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park to Cotanchobee Ft. Brooke Park and back to Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park
Registration begins: 8:30am at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park (600 N. Ashley Drive, Tampa, FL 33602)
Run/Walk Begins: 9:30am
Cost: $20 Early Registration | $25 Week Of (Starting March 11, 2018)
Included in registration:
River O’ Green Gallop Bib
Vintage-style Mayor Bob Buckhorn “Mayor’s River O’ Green” t-shirt – While available
Leprechaun Costume Contest
Sign up for the brand new, Leprechaun Costume Contest at the Mayor’s River O’Green. Participants are to show up in their best Irish garb and give a contest winning jig on the dance floor. Have a few pints to build up the courage! Free to register and the winner will win an Irish themed prize to show off to your friends!
To register for the contest, click here!
Are you ready, Paddy? Back by popular demand Mayor’s River O’Green Fest at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park will feature a fun twist on the classic Scavenger Hunt. We call it the “Legless Leprechaun Scavenger Hunt” which combines solving puzzles, exploring Downtown Tampa, having a great time and getting a cold beverage or two along the way.
Your Scavenger Crawl Mission:
1. Round up your team (max 5) or join as Lonely Leprechaun.
2. Solve up to 15+ puzzles in Downtown Tampa in 5hrs or less (4pm-9pm)
3. Start at Curtis Hixon (4pm), finish at Gaspars Grotto (9pm)
4. Receive one raffle ticket for each puzzle solved.
5. Each ticket gets you an entry into the “Tampa Staycation” including a 1-night stay at Aloft Hotel Downtown Tampa, Tampa Theatre tickets and a dinner voucher at Bulla Gastro Bar in South Tampa.
Entry Fee Includes:
1. Souvenir St.Paddy’s Day bead.
2. One Hunt Kick-off beer/drink at Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park.
3. Free Welcome Shot at participating bars, while supplies last
4. Free TECO Line Streetcar rides to commute between Downtown and Ybor City.
5. Fun bar games, tasks and surprises.
5. Discounted food & drink specials at participating venues.
REGISTRATION: Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, Downtown Tampa, 12pm – 4pm
HUNT START: Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park, Downtown Tampa, 4pm
CRAWL FINISH: Gaspar’s Grotto, Ybor City, 9pm
NUMBER OF PUZZLES: 15+
TIME TO COMPLETE: 5 hours or less
AGE REQUIREMENT: 21+
DRESS CODE: It’s St.Paddy’s Day so, you know…like green stuff.
Visit the event's website for all information.